Part of: Assignment Desk Works, LLC v. Alexis Berg · Musgrave v. Mace (2:25-cv-01823-RMG) · Litigation Overview & Court-Filing Index
Exclusive: Man accused as 'predator' by Rep. Nancy Mace breaks his silence
In an exclusive interview with CNN national correspondent Randi Kaye, aired the evening of March 10, 2025 as a segment on 'Anderson Cooper 360°', Brian Musgrave, one of the four men Rep. Nancy Mace named in her House floor speech, denied her allegations on camera: 'Absolutely not. No, no.' Mace's allegations are contested and unproven; the dispute is the subject of ongoing civil litigation.
Randi Kaye ·

"Absolutely not. No, no.", Brian Musgrave to CNN, when asked if he had done any of the things Rep. Nancy Mace alleged
CNN national correspondent Randi Kaye landed the first on-camera interview with Brian Musgrave, one of the four South Carolina men Rep. Nancy Mace named in her February 2025 House floor speech. The exclusive aired the evening of March 10, 2025 as a segment on Anderson Cooper 360°.
Video: Brian Musgrave's on-camera CNN interview, in which he denies Rep. Mace's allegations ("Absolutely not. No, no."). It plays from The Daily Beast's video player, the same CNN footage The Daily Beast embedded in its report, which notes Musgrave "denied the allegations on an interview with CNN." CNN does not permit its own player to be embedded off-site; the CNN segment is linked below.
Musgrave told CNN he could not place himself anywhere in Mace's account:
"I couldn't think of a context where I would be named in a floor speech by Nancy Mace at all.", Brian Musgrave
He described what the public accusation had already cost him:
"For the rest of my life, when someone Googles 'Brian Musgrave' this is going to be the thing.", Brian Musgrave
His wife, Jen Musgrave, also spoke to CNN, saying her husband was "nowhere near any of those things that she was accusing him of." Musgrave's attorneys at Bland Richter, LLP, Eric Bland and Ronnie Richter, framed the appearance around the limits of congressional privilege. "You can't use the House floor as a bullhorn to destroy people," Bland told CNN.
Mace has denied wrongdoing. The allegations she made against Musgrave are contested and unproven, and the dispute is the subject of ongoing civil litigation. Musgrave filed a federal defamation suit against Mace days later; it was dismissed in August 2025 on Speech or Debate Clause grounds, not on the merits of any underlying allegation.
Watch it: CNN video →
Related coverage
Read next
March 14, 2025 · DispatchUS Rep. Nancy Mace sued for libel and defamation after making public accusations of abuse
Brian Musgrave, one of the four men Mace accused by name in her February 2025 House floor speech, filed a federal defamation and libel suit against her. The case was ultimately dismissed as to floor-speech claims under the Speech or Debate Clause, though the judge left open whether Mace's social-media statements were protected. All allegations are contested; Mace denied wrongdoing.
February 11, 2025 · DispatchRep. Nancy Mace details accusations of rape and sexual abuse in a speech from the House floor
Mace used a 50-plus-minute House floor speech to accuse four named men, including her ex-fiancé Patrick Bryant, of rape, sex trafficking, and other crimes. All four men categorically denied the allegations to NBC. The speech triggered multiple defamation lawsuits and is central to ongoing litigation; all allegations are contested and unproven.
November 7, 2025 · DispatchNew Filings Accuse Nancy Mace of Fabricating Sexual Assault Claims
FITSNews covered Bryant's third-party complaint accusing Mace, Melissa Britton, and Jane Doe of conspiring to fabricate sexual assault allegations for personal and political gain. Bryant denied all underlying allegations. Mace denied Bryant's account and called the filing an attempt to pay her again. All allegations are contested; litigation is active.